A Taste of Blood
- A few years after reestablishing their realm in the desert of Anauroch, the Shadovar moved against Zhentil Keep, which formerly contended for control over the Moonsea, the northern Dalelands, and the empty lands west of the great desert. The Zhentarim fought furiously, but the Netherese prevailed. Zhentil Keep was razed, as was the Citadel of the Raven. The Black Network of the Zhentarim was broken. The Shadovar attempted to colonize the citadels they had razed, but Coronal Ilsevele of Myth Drannor struck an uneasy alliance with Hillsfar, Melvaunt, and Thentia to prevent Netheril from achieving this goal.
- The Moonsea region is largely a smattering of independent city-states and independent robber-baronies, some old and some new.
- Mulmaster is the capital of Faerun for worship of Bane and is considered by some to the be the ideological heir of the Zhentarim.
- Voonlar, Teshwave, Phlan, and Tenthia are small realms where Myth Drannor and Netheril quietly fence for influence.
- Besides Netheril, the quarreling realms of the Moonsea are collectively threatened by the tribesfolk of The Ride, the orcs of Thar, and the monsters of the Border Forest.